Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Printmaking Process

Image result
Woodblock Printing Ink
Image result
Brayer- Ink Roller
Lino and Woodcut tools
Barren and Presses
Printmaking Paper

Bench Hook

  1. Create a sketch form a variety of resources
  2. Draw/transcribe drawing on to wood
  3. Cover desks with newpaper
  4. Put on apron
  5. Put down material/tarp to catch wood shavings
  6. Set up bench hook on table
  7. Carve/Cut wood with tools
  8. Cut paper for printing onto
  9. Roll out ink
  10. Roll ink onto wood
  11. Press paper over inked block with Baren to create print
  12. Peel print carefully off inked block and put somewhere safe to dry
  13. Fold up material/tarp and shake outside
  14. Wash rollers, and surface/block used for ink rolling
  15. Stack chairs
At the moment, I am printing my drawing onto the wood block. The hardest part so far has been printing my drawing onto the wood, because you have to press down on the back and colour the whole back of the drawing in pencil. I'm enjoying creating pasifika patterns because it isn't like anything I've done before. I think if I made some of the patterns smaller, I probably could've added more patterns. Throughout making the Pasifika print so far, I have learnt more about how to make woodcuts and prints.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.