Pages

Friday 15 February 2019

Human Rights

For the first few weeks of year 10 social studies, we have been looking at mapping, graphing, and our current topic, human rights. 


What I already knew:
Going into this topic, I already knew a number of the basic human rights, e.g the right to be free, the right to trial and the right to life, freedom to move, the right to food and shelter, that your human rights are protected by law and that no one can legally take them away from you. I didn't really know much more than that.

What I found interesting: 
I found it interesting- not interesting, but shocking- that even today more than two hundred million children between the ages of five and seventeen are economically active, over seventy-three million of these children being under the age of ten, and six million of them working in forced and bonded labor. 

What I'd like to learn:
I'd like to learn more about when and where slavery and slave trading started, and also learn more about Iqbal Masih.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.