Pages

Thursday 28 March 2019

Maths Week 9 Recap

Maths- Week 9 Recap

For the past however many weeks, we have been working on numerous problems in maths involving a range of things, e.g; scientific notation, circumferences, ratios, decimals fractions and percentages, etc. We've been doing a mix of independent work and group work. For independent we do things such as presentations, blog posts, mathletics, and other things to help us improve in certain areas. During group work, we are given a few problems and set the task of finding the solution (or solutions if it's an open question with multiple answers)
This is one of the more recent problems we've been given, involving circumferences, diameters, pi, radius and a number of other things.

Describe a mistake or misconception that you or a classmate had in class. What did you learn from this mistake or misconception?
With this specific problem, I at one stage confused the wheel with a 70cm diameter to the wheel with the 15cm diameter but I figured that out pretty quickly. I almost mistook the diameter for the radius at one stage too which wasn't ideal. Form that I learnt that sometimes I need to look at things more carefully.

What were the main mathematical concepts or ideas that you learned or that we discussed in class? 
I didn't know a lot about pi, and I didn't know how to find the circumference of a circle, which we learnt about. I was also unaware of the concept of (or more so the official name given for) scientific notation. 


7 comments:

  1. identity theft is not a joke jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ah. Hello Jaime. That's ironic.

      Delete
  2. Nice good and Fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Natasha, kei te pehea koe?
    I really liked reading your blog post about maths. I found it quite interesting especially your diagram, which provided more information. Did you make it yourself?
    Hoping you are enjoying maths as much as I do.
    Warm regards, Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Natasha. I liked your introduction and that you have given some thought into what you are learning. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.