Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Taha Wairua

Taha Wairua 
In health, we are currently doing a unit on taha wairua (also known as spiritual well-being). You're spiritual well-being relates to various things; your values and beliefs, personal identity, self awareness, traditions, culture, religion, your goals, what you believe in, the way you live, and much more. 

At the very start of this unit, we did an activity on our personal identities. We wrote down as many things as we could thing of that make us us, and then chose the five most important ones. From their, we were given scenarios and asked which ones we would use during said situation. This is my identity page:


As part of this module or unit, we also had to do a task where we took a personal values assessment and had to answer some questions about a couple of the values we chose.

FROM THE VALUES YOU CHOSE, WRITE ABOUT THE TWO THAT ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU
WHY IS THIS VALUE IMPORTANT TO YOU?
RECALL A MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU REALLY ‘LIVED’ THIS VALUE.  
IF THIS VALUE IS NOT BEING RESPECTED BY OTHERS, HOW MIGHT YOU FEEL OR REACT?
Reliability
It’s important to me for my friends, peers, and teachers to be able to rely on me so they know they always have someone to go to, no matter who they are.
My friends can always rely on me, I don’t share things that people have asked me to keep secret with anyone else, which I hope shows I’m reliable.
I wouldn’t trust someone who isn’t reliable
Respect
Respect is a very important value to me, more so treating everyone the way they deserve to be treated and treating everyone equally.
I’d like to think I’m always as respectful as I can be, but I went to the memorial on Deans ave last night. It seemed like a respectful thing to do, especially considering one of my best friends was affected by it.
I strongly dislike people who disrespect others who haven’t done anything to deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work! I think that you show both of the values that you have discussed! You have followed all of the instructions for the tasks and blogs. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.