Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

Hyperboles

Hyperboles
For each of the following sentences, does it have a hyperbole or not. 
  1. I’m so hungry I could eat a whole elephant! (Hyperbole/Not)
  2. May is the nicest month of the year. (Hyperbole/Not)
  3. Her brightly coloured dress hurt his eyes. (Hyperbole/Not)
  4. The roof rose up and down to the rhythm of the music. (Hyperbole/Not)
  5. I ate all of my salad for lunch.  (Hyperbole/Not)
  6. The dog was so dirty it had a tomato plant growing on its back. (Hyperbole/Not)

  1. Hyperbole
  2. Not a hyperbole
  3. Hyperbole
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Not a hyperbole
  6. Hyperbole

The wind was strong enough to blow me off of my feet.
His head ached so much so that he thought it might blow up.
Unlike most older computers, this one worked faster than a Formula One car.
We thought we might die of laughter before the movie ended.
The pan was hot enough to melt Tungsten.
Her crying was so loud that it could be heard from New Zealand to Moscow and everywhere in between.
My groceries were so heavy, I'm lucky my arms didn't snap off.
The dog was so scary, I thought it might bite my head of.


Revision
'As straight as an arrow' - simile
'Lucky lady' - alliteration
'Boom!' - onomatopoeia
'The city was a jungle' - metaphor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.