Pages

Friday 27 September 2019

Our Own Stories Workshop

Session Two: Autobiography - Settings
- Choose a memory
- Setting - what did it look like? Sound like? Feel like? Smell like? Who was there?

The time I had to babysit Bambi
-My sister invited me over for a while and I wound up looking after her new kitten Bambi who became mildly obsessed with me. She kept climbing up and down my legs and she was determined to eat the shoelaces on my vans. 
-It was cold outside, late in the evening (the sun was setting). Taryn's room was nice, lots of makeup and that sort of stuff. Also a lot of cat toys. 
-It was pretty quiet, other than the odd sound of cars driving past and the sound of Bam running up and down the hallway chasing her roommate's giant St. Bernard Charlie. 
-Felt pretty relaxed. Was just sitting on my sister's bed watching Netflix and playing with Bam and Charlie. Had kind of sore legs though. Tends to happen when a tiny creature repeatedly claws their way up them. 
-I don't remember exactly what it smelt like, but probably booze - my sister just got back from a holiday, during which she spent a bit of time in Russia. She brought home a lot of vodka. She has lined it up, along with some other things she brought from Estonia, Germany, Poland, Singapore etc, on her windowsill. 
-It was just me, Bambi, and Charlie. Bambi is mainly brown with black stripes down her back and forehead, a white stomach and paws, a ginger target on both of her sides and a ginger patch on her forehead. Charlie is big and very fluffy. Pretty much a giant pillow. 

Not long after my sister Taryn moved out and went flatting she got a kitten from one of her friends. She named her Bambi Melon, also known as; Bindi, Bin Girl, Rat, Cone Girl, Melon, Scrambles, Bambles, Bamble Scrambles, Bam, Bambini Mussolini, Pam, Pammers, and various other equally ridiculous names. But mostly Bambi Melon. Anyway, I was about to get a bus home after going out with my friends to the city for the afternoon when my sister asked if I wanted to come around to hers for a while. I said yes, I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, and went over. This was the first time I'd met Bambi. We talked and watched movies and that sort of thing for a while, then my dad drove around. Him and Taryn had to go do something for an hour or so and she asked if I could look after Bam as her roommates were both at work, and once again I said yes. I was wearing these black ripped skinny jeans, and Bambi was absolutely obsessed with them. I think she thought they were a scratching post or a ladder or something, because she kept climbing up and down them. She pretty much spent the entire hour doing that, and by the end my legs had tens of tiny scratches all over them. Luckily for her, she is very very cute. I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.