Pages

Thursday 5 September 2019

Similes and Metaphors


Similes and Metaphors
  1. My bedroom was as black as a cave in the depths of the earth.
  2. The classroom after school became as noisy as a gaggle of gabby geese.
  3. The cat capered along the fence top like a tightrope walker on the hire wire. 
  4. My anger crashed into me like waves against the shore.

  1. The cloth was as black as coal
  2. The wet ball was as slippery as an eel
  3. My little sister is as playful as a kitten
  4. The top of this table is as smooth as silk
  5. I've been as busy as a bee
  6. The lamb is as white as snow
1. Simile
2. Metaphor
3. Metaphor
4. Simile
5. Metaphor
6. Metaphor
7. Simile
8. Simile

Similes -
The cat ran as fast as lightning.
Her hair was as black as the night sky.
The sun shone as brightly as a beacon.
Dylan's day is going as horribly as an extended family gathering.
The turbulence threw the plane around like a toddler throwing a fit.
His voice boomed around the room with volume like an explosion

Metaphors -
He had a heart of gold.
The World is your oyster.
After this weeks events, that girl is walking on thin ice.
Jordan was writing out a list of things to do before she kicked the bucket.
Dylan was flooded with emotions.
I'm so hungry I could eat a horse.

What am I learning?
The concept of similes and metaphors as well as how they are used in sentences.

How does this work show my learning?
I have done a number of activities based around correctly using similes and metaphors, and have also come up with some of my own to show my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.